Wednesday, April 27, 2011

only human after all

Last night I went to a lecture and slide show by Hollis Chatelain, one of the worlds most talented machine quilters. I discovered that she is a normal person , just like I found Jane Sassaman to be, like the rest of us- all mothers, wives and working women, some with greater artistic skills than others, but all who love to sew and to create.
I was inspired to come home and sew but had to get up early to go to work, so as soon as I have finished here am off to my sewing room.
Its really interesting to look at a master quilters early work, not unlike my first efforts, with the journey to master quilter taking more time for  some than others.

I am on my journey , just a bit further to go.......

This is a quilt I made or my dad when he was unwell, he was covered with it in his chair, when he moved to the nursing home it went with him. It has a personal messsage quilted within, something I like to do for personal quilts.
A fun quilt, some fun freehand machine quilting, used up some strips.
Not a master quilt but a quilt made with love and recieved and used with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment