Tuesday, April 12, 2011

purple is not a good skin colour

This is what happened inthe dark on my way to the ladies when we were camping on the weekend- the moral of the story is - watch where you are going and have a good bright torch.  I just rolled my ankle in a gravel ditch. Not happy, luckily no broken bones, but a bit painful and swollen etc. Notice the blue streak up my leg- hopefully not much nasty tendon/ligament damage.
Lots of sewing time, but of course I need a big shove to get motivated. Have lots to do.... what to start first.
One of my groups Coorparoo Quilters is having an exhibition soon, and I  need to make a mug bag, a placemat and a cushion.  Maybe thats where I should start.
I have almost finished the red stars, well the main parts, now I need some more fabric to make them into big blocks, that can be todays job while I am resting.
I am not entirely sure if its a good thing to get out of night duty or not! at least 2 nights go quickly, unlike a swollen ankle which could take weeks.
Keep posted for finished articles.

3 comments:

  1. C'mon Jane make the most of your at home time and get sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sore ankle has to be better than a sore hand?!

    ReplyDelete