Sunday, March 13, 2011

too little time

today I got out of bed after less than 5 hours - broken- sleep after a busy evening at work, only to shower, breakfast and go back again.... hmmm why do I do it? I work in an amazing field, no one day is the same as another, there is joy, heartbreak , and frustration.  Where is  this? I am a midwife. No more to be said , you all know this if you are human and have tried to "build a family", one of the hardest jobs inthe world, and touted as one of the easiest....
I came home to find that my lovely husband had stood in for me as President of the school P&F at a major function, he had worked hard, come home exhausted, and yet cleaned the kitchen, did the laundry, chauffered a child etc.
 25 years later he is still looking after me.
I have watched over my daughter as she finished the challenge quilt she is making, ironed the clothes, thank heavens a uni student does not need ironed clothes!
Off to bed so I can turn around and do it all over again tomorrow.
My 4 days off will be filled with quilting, designing, sleeping, eating and maybe a meeting or 2 and a haircut.
What a joy to have days off in the middle of the week when all the other 'normal' people have to go to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment