Thursday, August 31, 2017

Farmers Wife blocks 74-77

Moving right along with the Weekly Art Project and the 4 Farmers Wife blocks this week.
They have been fun to make. 
You may  wonder why red and white and why The Farmers Wife?

Red and White because I love red and have a reasonable collection of red fabrics collected over the years, also because my first patchwork teacher, after my granny, was Joy Pratt in Hobart. Joy loved and made several red and white quilts, so this is sort of a homage to her and the passion that she injected into my fledgling quilting life in 1983. 

The other reason is that my lovely son, Alec, bought me the Farmers Wife 1920's book a few years ago as a gift. He found it himself without prompting, I am really proud of him taking the time to find something that I love- a book- any book, but a patchwork book with some nice stories as well was a bonus.
I have added a little to my red and white fabric collection, and now have enough fabric for about 6 quilts!

 block 74
 block 75
block 76
 block 77 
I have also today handed in my Queensland Quilters quilt exhibition quilts. Made 2 new bags to present them in and covered the labels- what a job! but it is done and its all up to the judges and the wonderful quilt exhibition committee.

I am looking forward to the October Queensland Quilters yearly exhibition, partly to see the quilts, but also because it is my last show as Bernina ruler quilting "guru". 
I am still pinching myself at odd times just to see if it is really real! 
What an amazing opportunity I have been handed, to be able to share my joy of quilting and using the Bernina rulers with the quilting community - and to stitch all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment