Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A new week and a new quilt

This week, 2 Farmers Wife  blocks, for the first time the next block left me uninspired- 
so I didn't make it, perhaps next week..
Blocks 66 and 67


I have also been busy with a family baby quilt, I am a little late, but am really happy with the design, my daughter, who has done little sewing, has been advising the design and layout.
It has come together quickly and I am quite happy with both the design and process. 
The blocks are 10 "

The finished quilt top below

This week is EKKA week in Queensland, the agricultural exhibition. I entered 3 quilts, no wins this year, but a few of my friends made some great quilts and embroideries and won some prizes! Below is one of my entries.

Fruit Salad
I did a day of "white glove" quilt hostess volunteer work, the crowds left me a little overwhelmed, so I spent a happy hour demonstrating on the Sweet Sixteen for our local dealer in the quilt display area.  This was quite a bit of fun, as it did draw a crowd, also gave me some well needed stitching time, which has been very infrequent this week.




Just a little fun machine quilting making up designs! 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment