Sunday, January 31, 2016

Word for the year

My word for the year is 
  Something new
That is try something new, new foods, experiences, life choices, quilting ideas etc
I know that its 2 words, but it is time I did something different and new!

This week Peter and I have tried a new restaurant with different foods- and beer and wine to match,  at Villa Maria, Norman Park.

We went to Roma Street Parkland today, we have lived here 10 years and this was the first time we have ventured into the park, it was really hot! my lovely friend Jan drives the little train, so we had a train ride, which was fun, there is a profusion of colour and texture in the garden, so much to see, we will be back when the weather is cooler. Peter  enjoyed taking lots of photos with his camera.

I have tried a new quilting template- well one I have had for several years but never used for its real purpose, its a baptist fan set. Now that I have a ruler foot for my Bernina- I am able to use it easily,  The frog quilt pictured below is nearly finished. A little more border, some stitching in the middle and the binding and its done!
Loving the Hobbs Heirloom Premium cotton batting- 80% cotton/ 20% polyester- its handling so beautifully. Those are 10 inch blocks.


 Some class samples for my next quilting class- funky feathers.
So much fun making samples, and it is nice to find myself making up new designs each time.



2 comments:

  1. Something new for me today was a drive through countryside near where i grew up at Allandale via Boonah. Went for drive through Milford and beyond!!! Beautiful.
    This week finishing my 2Q Challenge quilt. Never entered before. Something New!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt looks great Jane. Is the foot thicker so that the ruler sits against it? Am still practising my feathers and such.

    ReplyDelete