Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ask a busy person

What do I need? another project that is not my first choice to make!
Isn't that what we do, give a project to a busy person because we know they will finish it, I am a bit of a bunny like that-the busy person who will fit everybody else in!
Of course, I am a silly girl,

I am piecing a raffle quilt for Queensland Quilters, its  a fun modern quilt, the pattern is by Geta Grama, from Romania. I bought the pattern and Geta graciously allowed us to use it for a raffle quilt. The theme this year is blue and white, so its quite fitting I am almost finished, it just needs the borders, then its off to a friend to quilt. I am quite happy with this , it was easy to make and the instructions were great, even though I suspect that Geta's first language is not English.

I have been gifted some books recently from my son, he did some internet shopping, I am again very happy with his choices, and I even emailed Victoria Findlay Wolfe to say how much I enjoyed her book. Now to make a Double wedding ring quilt!
The Emporia Rose is form the guild library, I am a little besotted by Rose Kretsinger, she did the most amazing quilting and applique. I must finish my Rose quilt soon! its almost ready to piece the blocks together and baste!



Thread I am using for hand stitching on  a piece made by a friend, it may be shown publicly, so no sneak peek here!

No comments:

Post a Comment