Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Reverse sewing

back of quilt -happy with this quilting
I have spent the last week sick with a cold and nasty cough, just the right thing for unquilting, It is a large quilt, black and white with some colour. The quilting design I was never happy with, and when the deadline passed for last years quilt show and it was unfinished I put it folded neatly in a cupboard.
Now I have renewed sense of design, I am in the mood to finish it. I have spent some time unpicking, now to get the 'right' design and get it finished. Always working to a deadline is good - it makes me try to get things done.


front  -one corner
Not entirely sure of the quilting design yet, I did have a dream about it last week, but of course it is a bit hazy now, should have drawn it straight away.
I do have the thread though, bought it in Sydney at the quilt show, a long way to go to buy thread I know, but I knew what I wanted and where to get it from. When there is a limited stock of good thread in Brisbane, and mail order is the next best way to get what you want, to go to a quilt show to get it is a good idea.
Watch this space to see if I can get two large quilts finished soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow look what you can do when you aren't even feeling well. Amazing and beautiful.
    How's your Barcelona project coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lyn, I did quite a bit of quilting on the weekend so am even happier with it. Barcelona is waiting till I have finshed the 21st birthday quilt- about to start quilting it today! its 2x 2.2 m big, it sort of grew with the border!

    ReplyDelete