Tuesday, April 10, 2018

What I learned at AQC 2018 and special visitor

I did a day trip from Brisbane to Melbourne on Saturday

Things I learnt - I did not even do any classes!

Straight line quilting rules! -The power and simplicity of straight line quilting on modern, traditional and art quilts is evidence that straight line quilting has never gone out of fashion.

Straight line quilting can enhance, outline and even make its own deisgn!


Melbourne is as ever, beautiful, easy to get around, great food to be found for any meal at any time. Small bars are wonderful!  Embla being the bar I found - it's OK to be a woman on her own sitting at a bar with a very nice glass of wine and a bar snack for dinner with an attentive waiter!

Grey hair signals to fellow tram passengers to stand and give you their seat!


Quilters from all over are happy to chat. I have a lovely chat with Judi from Hobart from my previous life there. Brenda from NSW and I had a serious and welcome chat about the Monthly Art Project (MAP) and its predecessor the Weekly Art Project (WAP). I am inspired to continue the WAP to enable me to gather some momentum, ongoing design and construction flow and to encourage me to document my proceses and learnigns and to blog more often, while continuing with the MAP.



The quilts being produced and shown (thankyou fellow quilters) are inspiring, I wish I had more time (perhaps less time on social media) to sew. Hopefully now I have a day job, I may become more organised....



Special exhibitions are worth a day trip to anywhere they are being held.


Jetstar is interesting, hmm, I prefer not to have to pay for a cup of tea!


Melbournes grand old buildings do not disappoint. ever.

This is my son, he is home for a short while from is overseas travel and work. Having some mummy cuddle time before heading to China to work next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment