Saturday, March 17, 2018

Long time not blogging

Its been a while, life got busy, much stitching has been done, but no blogging!

I have started a day job, Monday to Friday- day work after 37 years of shift work! 
A significant change in our lives! A little less time for stitching, but if I am organised, more time as I will not be so tired.

Last year I was highly motivated and was doing the Weekly Art Project - which encouraged me to make something and blog each week. An excellent plan.

This year I am participating in the Monthly Art Project (MAP), I am keen to get back into the weekly art 'thing' as it was quite satisfying, and now that I working day work, it could be a litle easier to manage, and be organised.

My MAP  paramaters:

Specific- expand my design skills- add colour later on as I become more confident                                                                    with the black and white.
Measureable- progress will be obvious (I hope)- small blocks- about 10-12 inches                                                                                            square
Achievable- yes- small blocks, 2 colours
Realistic- expanding my 'organised Improv' skills
Timebound- yes. Machine pieced and quilted
I am inspired by Nancy Crow and the modern quilters of the rest of the world!

Here are some preliminary drawings and February and March blocks


The first 2 cuts

Progress, its a bit misshaped by now, making it larger than the intended finished size is the key to success


moving right along with the next few lines, ready to square up and quilt

 Quilted
Preliminary drawing for March


 March block completed.

This is proving to be a fun project, and I think that as of this week I will try to make a small block each week, be accountable and blog a little more, procrastinate a little less!

I am loving my Bernina Q20, in fact all my Bernina's! I am still doing a little machine quilting teaching along the way at local stores. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment