Sunday, August 14, 2016

A long break

I have had a long break from blogging, I have been using Instagram, and trying to post images of my stitching every few days, its easier than loading the SD card into the computer to get good quality pictures. My Lenovo tablet is great but its camera is very ordinary.
I have completed  a collage of the project a day from April, and submitted it to the course I was doing through Tas uni- Photography for social media. This was a really interesting course, I learnt a lot about photography and lots of Apps for Instagram, and other social media.
 These small blocks will be made into a banner or bunting soon.

 I entered 3 small quilts into the Ekka, agricultural show, am very happy to say I won 2 prizes, the Nine Patch? quilt won second in Art quilts, this was a fun improvisationally pieced quilt.
I am planning to do some more of this style of piecing, teaching a class at the Brisbane Visual Arts Community in October. Its a great way to use up scraps and small pieces of fabric, too small for much but too precious to throw away.


This little quilt won first in small professional, its a tablecloth mounted on a hot pink silk/ cotton blend fabric and quilted with some added trapunto. The tablecloth belonged to my mother in law who passed away a few weeks ago, so its nice that her cloth won a prize! She use tablecloths all the time, so its well worn and loved.




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jane. Love the tablecloth. The quilting is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete