Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sewing at half speed and an excellent day out

I have been machine quilting a delicate piece of silk, and have had he machine at a very slow speed to enable me to stitch accurately. Now I am machine piecing another quilt, wondering why it is sewing slowly even though my little foot is planted to the floor! However it is somewhat satisfying piecing a little slower than very fast!
A sneak peek at the silk below.Still quite a bit more to go.

 My daughter- she said 'its cold', so she wrapped herself in her brothers quilt. Its actually stinking hot, and I had just turned the air con on so I could sew in comfort. She has started to read "The Book Thief", its on her knee, but temporarily superseded by her iphone! she was checking to see if he author was Australian- yes.
 An excellent read, do we go and see the movie? or will it ruin the book?
Went to see Rocky Horror Show this week with Craig McLachlan starring- excellent! could almost reach out and touch him! fantastic. Such a showman.


The excellent day out was yesterday, my small group met at one of our homes- air con required! we sat and sewed, some went to different areas and made ourselves comfortable. Some hand sewed, some cut and machine pieced (me) some machine quilted- new thread making all the difference!-, some hand stitched, or read a delicious array of books laid out for us to peruse. We shared a lovely delicious lunch, some stories, a picture of a new grandbaby, and several projects underway- or plans of projects to be underway soon.
 A great day that we all wish we could do every week. How lucky am I to have found these women- as  a friend said last year about an art quilt group - 'these are my people'.
Yes, these are my people.
 You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment