Thursday, October 29, 2015

A little win

Last week I found out that I had won second prize in the Australian Machine Quilters Association Challenge, there were 4 categories and I was in the pieced, hand guided.
This included long arm machines and home machines. I use a Bernina 820 to machine quilt.

I am extremely happy with this win, as even though it was a small group of quilts the competition was quite strong and I suspect that many of the other quilts had been quilted on a long arm (more professional type ) machine.


The orange is a Lisa Walton hand dyed fabric, the grey is a perfect fit and  allows the whole piece to shine. I used some funky coloured threads, purple, green and blue.

Overall a very happy quilt and a very happy quilter!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Jane - who needs a long arm?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and yes I agree with Chris, who needs a long arm. I make quilts for a profession and I rarely pay for machine quilting, mostly its all free motion baby for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jane,
    The State Library of Queensland has selected your website to be archived as part of the National Library of Australia's web archive PANDORA:http://pandora.nla.gov.au/
    If you would like to get in contact I can forward more information about this selective archive and send a formal request for permission to archive your blog.
    Cheers
    Gina Tom
    Digital Content Librarian
    Queensland Memory
    State Library of Queensland
    e: gina.tom@slq.qld.gov.au
    p: 07 38407826

    ReplyDelete