Friday, November 14, 2014

Machine quilting again!

After a few weeks off after the quilt show, I am quilting again. 
I have done some crocheting, attended a midwifery conference and tidied my sewing room! So its full steam ahead for me!
quilted postcard
quilted postcard
I have been making some quilted postcards, just a little fun, this is such a simple design, enhanced by some iron on sparkly chrystals.
detail of japanese suit
My son was given a  great suit by a Japanese exchange student he knows, the fabric is divine, so soft. I think it could be pyjamas, the detail above is on the sleeve.

my son in his new Japanese suit.
I am trying the BSR on my Bernina 820, its interesting, I l keep on going too fast and it beeps at me! This is  a quilt I am trying hard to finish, the brown spaces are hard to mark so I have made  freezer paper template to iron on then trace round with a chalk marker, it is sewing quite nicely which I am pleased about. The ditching took forever and was quite difficult as I missed a few places and had to go back and fill the gaps!!
I am really happy with the quilting design, simple but effective. Thanks to my aforementioned son who helped with the choice of design.
Shame to be sitting under the air con quilting ! but it is good therapy for when you are tired  and there's a G20 thingy on and everybody has either skipped town, or also staying at home, the kids are out and husband away working.
block with freezer paper ready to draw then quilt

more of this quilt!its very brown...


1 comment:

  1. Oh,intesesting, the light is different and now the brown is much darker. Uhm.

    ReplyDelete