Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New quilting design inspiration


I bought 2 lovely old silver spoons recently, once polished they have some great designs, I did some preliminary drawings, not great drawings- but you get the idea, they can be tweaked , and added to. A little fun. Double lines and simple fills are easy, great for modern quilts and even traditional ones too!
Add caption
 You cant really see the designs on the spoons in the pictures, but they are there, and inviting me to do some more drawings. I even enjoyed - in a  strange way polishing the silver- the designs became more evident the more I polished.
 Some new fabrics, a project I am working on, just need to start cutting- today is the day. I wasn't convinced about the paler pink, but my daughter said- "that's perfect" so in it goes. Might have to get some more oft he teal- hmmm I bought it on holiday- might have to go back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment